I’ve hosted a number of interviews on my blog, and I’ve also been interviewed on podcasts, blogs, and journals. Enjoy this collection of voices.
- I discussed blindness, teaching, and guide dogs for the Eyes on Success podcast: 1648 Blind Writing Instructor and Author
- I had an excellent conversation with Hannah Lee Jones of the Primal School poetry blog: Poetry as Activism, The Rhetoric of Empathy, and The Breaking of Beliefs: Emily K. Michael on Her Poem “A Phenomenology of Blindness”
- I spoke about service dogs on local news for Blindness Awareness Month: Jacksonville Blind Woman Talks About Service Dog Etiquette
- I participated in a conversation with other disabled writers about disability and literature: Dialogue on Blindness, Disability and Writing from Wordgathering: A Journal of Disability Poetry and LIterature
- On my blog, I interviewed my friend and colleague Chris Gabbard about his new book: Chris Gabbard discusses his new memoir, A Life Beyond Reason
- On my blog I interviewed poet and teacher Jill Khoury about her experiences leading workshops with Poetry Barn: Jill Khoury discusses her teaching with Poetry Barn and the value of online poetry workshops
- For Classical Minnesota Public Radio, I interviewed musician and music therapist Edith Moore-Hubert about her experiences: Edith Moore-Hubert on the healing properties of classical music
October Interview Series
To celebrate Disability Awareness Month, I conducted a number of informal interviews on my blog.
- Alan Brint: Magic, Swimming, and Social Acceptance
- April Ogden: Faith in a Life after Loss
- Blindbeader from Life Unscripted
- Elaine from Pennsylvania
- Eric Harvey: Scholar, Teacher, and Guide
- Jennifer Pearlstein: Understanding Begins in Presence
- Dr. Katherine Schneider: Love, Work, Play, and Pray like Everybody Else
- Krista from FSCJ
- Dr. Sheri Wells-Jensen: Startle, Spark, Enlighten!
- Susan from Adventures in Love Vision
Sacred Space Series
For this blog series, I invited others to describe their spirituality, their traditions, and their values.