This page offers resources for disabled writers—from useful articles to social media and inclusive journals. If you would like to suggest a resource that is not listed here, please add a comment below.
- Beauty Is A Verb: The New Poetry of Disability
- Deaf American Poetry
- Disability and the Teaching of Writing: This book is part of the Bedford/St. Martin’s Professional Developmental series, which means instructors can get a free copy.
- “Stylish Negotiations“: This essay outlines the perils of journals that promote an exclusively educational or medical understanding of disability. It is a guide to the guidelines—telling writers what to look for when assessing a journal’s stance on disability.
Inclusive Venues (Literary Journals, Magazines, and Websites)
- The Deaf Poets Society
- The Fem
- Feminine Inquiry
- Wordgathering: A Journal of Disability Poetry & Literature
Other Brilliant Things
- Jillian Weise, AWP Tips for Writers